MolecuLight i:X


Bacteria exist everywhere - on door handles, on kitchen counters and all over our skin. The normal bacteria that lives on our skin is not harmful and can help keep us healthy. However, when bacteria get into a wound and start to multiply, they can cause problems like infection and slow healing. To make sure you get the best treatment, your doctor or nurse must first gather information about the bacteria in your wound.

What is the MolecuLight i:X?

The MolecuLight i:X is a small, hand-held imaging device that:

  • Uses a special violet light to provide information about bacteria
  • Measures the size of your wound

The MolecuLight i:X captures images and videos of your wound that help your clinician decide how best to treat it.


Do I need to prepare for the MolecuLight procedure?

You do not need to prepare in advance for the MolecuLight procedure. The procedure is safe, painless and part of your normal visit. Your clinician will take 2 images:

  • One with the lights on
  • One with the lights off

With the lights off, the MolecuLight i:X will shine a safe violet light on your wound.
The clinician immediately has the information they need about bacteria in your wound.

How does this help my wound heal?

The MolecuLight i:X gives your clinician information about bacteria in your wound to help them make the best clinical decisions for your treatment. Early treatment and removal of bacteria may prevent more serious problems later on and help wounds heal faster. The MolecuLight images can be stored in your medical record to track how your wound is healing.


What are the risks of using the MolecuLight i:X?

  • It is completely safe.
  • It doesn’t hurt.
  • There is no contact with you or your wound.
  • It has no side effects.
  • It can be used at every visit and multiple times during a visit.

MolecuLight patient education brochure

pdf moleculight patient brochure downloadMolecuLight Patient Brochure




Initiate Wound Healing with UltraMIST® a Noncontact, Low-Frequency Ultrasound Therapy

Dealing with wounds can feel burdensome, causing a detrimental impact on a patient’s physical, emotional, and even social quality of life. When a patient suffers from either acute or chronic wounds, any delay in healing can increase risk factors to the patient’s overall health. While typical wound management protocols can be successful in some cases, every wound is different; sometimes standard protocols aren’t enough, leaving patients with stubborn chronic wounds that do not heal. Using UltraMIST therapy as part of SANUWAVE’s ENERGY FIRST approach is a quick, easy, and pain-free adjunctive treatment that accelerates healing by stimulating the body’s natural healing processes.


The UltraMIST® System delivers painless, noncontact, low-frequency ultrasound energy into the wound bed surface via a noncontact fluid MIST. This process promotes healing by controlling inflammation and reducing bacteria while increasing angiogenesis. This, along with vasodilation, increases perfusion, increasing the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the tissue helping stimulate the wound healing process.

UltraMIST therapy has been administered by healthcare professionals to thousands of patients for more than a decade and is supported by a vast array of level 1 clinical evidence. The UltraMIST system provides painless, low-frequency and noncontact ultrasound acoustic wave therapy that uses energy to promote healing.

How long do treatments take?

Average treatment times typically run 3-8 minutes per wound, however, treatment time may vary pending wound specifications and size.


What does it do?

  • Accelerates healing through stimulating cells on the superficial the wound bed
  • Reduces inflammation
  • Increases angiogenesis
  • Removes a wide range of bacteria
  • Disrupts biofilm
  • Promotes healing using ENERGY FIRST

UltraMIST® patient education brochure

pdf ultramist patient brochure downloadUltraMIST Patient Brochure

Click here to learn more about UltraMIST® System.

Connect With Us